Followers

Monday, December 29, 2014

My sister's keeper

This week I decided to write about a very emotional story called My sister's keeper, it's about a young girl with cancer and her parents decide to have another child so that they can save they're daughter with cancer. By using in-vitro fertilization (IVF) which according to MNT "In vitro fertilization (IVF) is the most common and most effective type of assisted reproductive technology (ART) to help women become pregnant.The procedure involves fertilizing an egg outside the body, in a laboratory dish, and then implanting it in a woman's uterus." (If anyone is interested on learning more about this subject I put a link at the bottom of the page and if you would just like to know the general idea I also put a video for you.) By using that method they were able to create a child that genetically matched they're other child so that she could donate organs to her sister so that she could live. In the film the oldest daughter Kate was sick and her younger sister Anna was her organ donor but in real life it was still the oldest child Molly Nash with cancer but instead it was her younger brother Adam Nash who was her organ donor. "We were doing the right thing for our family," Lisa Nash said. According to StarTribune/ LifeStyle "When their story first became public, reaction from around the globe ranged from astonishment to horror and helped fuel the backlash against embryonic research. Molly's doctor at the U, Dr. John Wagner, was accused of playing God". I think in one way it's ok and in another way I don't. It's good because you save the life of the child you love but in another way it's wrong because the kid that is born to save the other one doesn't have input in this situation and what if there life is in danger and they end up getting hurt or end up dying trying to save the other one." Molly is in most ways a typical 14-year-old who loves text messaging her friends and performing in the theater. "Molly lets me do the worrying. She knows what happened with her was a miracle, but she's now focused on being a teenager," her mom said." This was said by PR NEWWIRES.


 
 

 



Cast

Nash family




Links
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/262798.php
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/inspiration-for-my-sisters-keeper-speaks-out-61824287.html
http://www.startribune.com/lifestyle/103584799.html

6 comments:

  1. This movie(the book was better) really got to me. I know how it feels to have someone in your family with cancer. Its not something you can fix in a day but you've got to live with it. This is maybe one of my favorite movies/books ever! I love this blog! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. reallyliked your blog,it was very sadning!my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer 3 years ago and went threw it all and i found it very nice! lve the blog keep up the worK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brooke, I`ve never seen the movie or read the book but I`ve heard great things about it. I undertsand that they wanted to save their daughter but I don`t think it was very fair of them to have another just to keep their first one alive. It`s not exactly fair to them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never watched the movie but it sounds interesting and i think that i might watch it. First of all I feel like the parents do not love the second child because they simply want to use her to save the first one. When you have a child you're supposed to love them the same way as the your other children. I will watch the movie just to know how it ends. Great blog. It really caught my attention

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've this movie and I liked it. I can see your opinion because it has it's benefits but it's still a bit messed up. The kid might grow up to think they were only brought into the world so they could be used for their other sibling. But at the same time it saves their sibling. I love your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Brooke! This is by far my favorite movie! You explained it so well! It is very emotional and your blog is very detailed about it! I'd re watch over and over because your blog made me even more interest in this movie! Great work!

    ReplyDelete