Followers

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

aloha!

Soul Surfer is a movie about a young girl named Bethany Hamilton who lost her arm surfing on the Kauai north shore. She was born February 8 1990 on the island of Kauai Hawaii.
On October 31 2003 she lost her arm to a 14 foot tiger shark. Bethany lost 60% of her blood and went through several surgeries luckily without and infections. Just after 1 month she wanted to get back in the water and follow her dream. I think that it would take extreme bravery to get your arm taken away by a shark and still want to get in the water, if I were in her position i wouldn't get anywhere near the water because I would be scared out of my mind, you would probably never see me in an ocean ever again. I couldn't imagine the pain she went through and how hard it's must have been to get used to only one arm to do your every day activity but there are lots of people who only have one arm or one leg it happens sometimes they're born like that another times it's an accident. Nick Vujici was born without arms or legs, he lives a happy life with his wife and son, he goes around the world to share his story with all those around him. I thought his story and Bethany's story were very inspirational because even without arms and legs he's happy and doesn't stop doing what he love same goes for Bethany she didn't stop surfing just because she lost her arm she kept going and doing he thing she loved. Even with one arm Bethany managed to get back out there, a year later she won 1 st place at the Explorer Women's division in 2005. Not only that she has had several other amazing accomplishment like, so it comes to show that you don't need all your limbs to follow your dreams. At the age of 23 she got married to a Christian youth minister named Adam Dirks.

 



 




Links
http://bethanyhamilton.com/about/bio/
http://www.lifewithoutlimbs.org/about-nick/bio/

4 comments:

  1. I have heard about the movie soul surfer but I have never actually watched it because I didn't think that it is my kind of movie. Though, after reading this, I think I am going to watch it soon! Keep up the good work Brooke!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the movie soul surfer, it was so emotional but at the same time such an inspirational story line. I also love the fact that you added a video clip of a part of the movie! I will definitely watch this movie again, it was very good. Keep up the good work Brooke!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As someone who watched the movie and fell inlove with it you did an amazing job at explaining it. Everything you said was on point and i loved the idea of the quotes you added and the video it really keeps you'r blogs interesting ! Keep up the amazing work brooke.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the movie Soul Surfer! You really went into dept what this movie was about! this was a very inspirational movie and shows that you should never givfe up on what you really want. Further more, this was a great blog about a great movie! Good Work! :)

    ReplyDelete